Exercise Creativity and Imagination this Fall at Creative Arts
Exercise Creativity and Imagination this Fall
Music, Theatre and Visual Art Courses for All Ages!
CREATIVE ARTS is exploding with new programming and opportunities for kids as young as 3 years old all the way to adults and seniors wanting to keep young at heart.
Offering a comprehensive roster of courses in Music, Theatre and Visual Arts, students can explore an instrument, learn a new stained glass technique, build a new sculpture, learn a new play and more! But don't delay as classes begin as early as October 9th and pre-registration is required in order to properly prepare!
Besides many of the traditionally offered courses, CREATIVE ARTS will be offering many NEW courses this Fall including:
- A NEW Digital Photography class for ages 8-14 on Monday evenings taught by Megan Mowins. Students bring their own digital camera to learn how to capture images with great composition! Focus on the artistic side of photography using interesting angles and composition to find that perfect shot!
- A NEW twist on the standard Sculpture course will have students focusing on inventions. Led by Instructor Airisenne Angle, students ages 7-10 will explore the process of invention from sketch to prototype in this creative course.
- Professional Graphic Designer and Art Instructor, Dennis Hart, will be teaching an Elements of Graphic Design Course for ages 12 and up. Students will design a poster for their favorite band, create an eye-catching flyer for a big event or learn how to make a school report stand out! Students will learn how to effectively design a page, create an effective balance of imagery and text, how typeface choices can change the mood of the piece, and more.
- A NEW Playwriting course will be offered Wednesdays for ages 10-13 taught by Instructor Kelly Walsh. Students will step into the playwright’s chair and develop their own plays! From writing first drafts to testing out scenes, this class will have students participating in the whole process of writing a play.
- Art & Theatre merge in this NEW Special Effects Course with two age groups – one for ages 7-10 and one for ages 11-15 – taught by Instructor Corey Philips. Students will explore how movies transform an ordinary actor into an extraordinary character! Through the art of stage makeup and costuming students will learn the tricks of the trade for creating stunning visual effects.
- And NEW for the 7-10 year old vocalists, try Intro to Music Ensemble where students will have a blast singing together while learning the basics necessary for greater musicianship!
So don’t delay! Download the full Fall Brochure at www.WeTeachCreativeArts.org or call 781-942-9600 today! CREATIVE ARTS is YOUR Community School for the Arts!