Join RCASA for a Special Film Screening & Panel Discussion
In honor of National Children of Alcoholics Week, RCASA will host a special event. The screening and panel discussion of "MY NAME WAS BETTE" will be held at the Jordan’s IMAX Theatre, 50 Walkers Brook Drive in Reading, MA at 7 p.m.
“MY NAME WAS BETTE: THE LIFE AND DEATH OF AN ALCOHOLIC” is an an award winning documentary on the effects of alcohol on women , their families and their careers. Written, co-produced and directed by Bette’s daughter, Sherri VandenAkker, PhD. The film contains mature content and is recommended for ages 13 and older.
To reserve free tickets for the film, click here http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs146/1101638098020/archive/1112224358934.html
Following the film, a panel discussion will be held at 8:35 p.m. featuring the following professionals:
- DIANA CLARK, J.D., M.A, Family Healing Strategies, Consultant
- GABRIELLE DEAN, LICSW, MPH, Right-Turn, Clinical Director
- JULIANNE DEANGELIS, CADC-II, LADC-I, Outreach Coordinator, Reading Coalition Against Substance Abuse
- WILLIAM DRINKWATER, M.Ed, CADC-II, LADC-I, Adjunct Professor UMASS-Boston, Cambridge College; Dual Disorders Specialist Arbour Hospital, North Shore Medical Center
- JASON MOSCATO, RN, MS, LMHC, Riverside Community Care, Partial Hospital Coordinator and Program Clinician
- FRANCINE PUOPOLO, RN, Cambridge Health Alliance, Outpatient Addiction Services; Boston Medical Center, Office-Based Opiate Treatment Program
- SHERRI VANDENAKKER, PhD, Springfield College School of Human Services, Professor; MY NAME WAS BETTE, co-producer, writer and director.