"Health food may be good for the conscience but Oreos taste a hell of a lot better." ~Robert Redford
My friends and I, collectively known as The BBs, got together last weekend to catch up and catch our breath as this holiday season got into full swing. Each of us brought a little something to nosh on (I brought my Mini Macs) and we had a great afternoon filled with laughs, good eats and a very tame Yankee Swap.
All of us agreed though, that the highlight of the afternoon was Kelly's dessert, aptly named "Almost Heaven in a Bowl." It was the best dessert I had tasted in a good long while. It was so good, in fact, that I made it two days later at home and my guys devoured it. (I may have eaten a bit of it too.)
This is sweet treat is so tasty that you won't believe how little effort is involved in making it. Give it a try-I promise you will not be disappointed.
Kelly's Almost Heaven in a Bowl
- 30 crushed Oreos (24 for the crust and 6 for the topping)
- 1 8 oz pkg softened cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 12 oz container thawed Cool Whip
- Press crushed Oreos into bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- With a mixer, beat cream cheese with powdered sugar.
- Stir in peanut butter until blended.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Spread mixture over crushed Oreos and top with the remaining crushed Oreos. Freeze for 1-2 hours.
- Thaw 10-15 minutes before serving.