Assault and Battery Reported in North Reading
The following information was supplied by the North Reading police department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is a look at some of the calls handled by the North Reading Police Department from Friday through Sunday. The information is open to the public.
Friday, Dec. 7
- At 9:16 a.m., a caller reported an erratic driver on Main Street. Police stopped the driver and found that he was distracted while driving.
- At 3:19 p.m., a caller reported a hypodermic needle on Burroughs Road. Police retrieved the needle.
- At 6:26 p.m., a caller reported that someone let the air out of one of his tires while he was parked at Stop & Shop.
- At 6:59 p.m., a Gillis Drive resident reported hearing gun shots in her backyard. Police searched the area, but did not find anything.
- At 9:50 p.m., a caller reported a suspicious vehicle on Macintyre Drive. When the caller approached the vehicle the driver sped away. Police were unable to locate the vehicle.
Saturday, Dec. 8
- At 12:05 a.m., a Greenbriar Drive resident reported a loud gathering outside. Police checked the area, but did not find anything.
- At 1:40 a.m., a caller reported two men dumping bottles in a parking lot on Main Street. Police spoke with those involved and all of the items were picked up.
- At 7:41 p.m., a caller requested an officer for a past assault and battery.
- At 11 p.m., an officer reported a house being toilet papered near Marblehead Street.
Sunday, Dec. 9
- At 12:27 a.m., the manager of Sports, Spirits and Steaks approached an officer monitoring their closing and said she thought his presence was bad for business. The officer told the manager that he was there due to a complaint from residents. The manager asked if she could file a cross complaint.
- At 8:34 a.m., an officer reported damage to several mailboxes on Kings Row, Marblehead Street, Haverhill Street and Bishops Way.
- At 12:45 p.m., a caller reported a minor motor vehicle accident on Elm Street.
- At 2:17 p.m., an employee from Walmart reported a past shoplifting.
For questions about this blotter, email firstname.lastname@example.org.