Cyclist Struck on Park Street in North Reading
The following information was supplied by the North Reading police department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is a look at some of the calls handled by the North Reading Police Department from Monday through Tuesday. The information is open to the public.
Monday June 4
- At 8:53 a.m., a woman reported hitting a medium-sized brown dog on Park Street near Nutter Road. The dog ran off after being hit and left the area before police arrived.
- At 11:20 a.m., an officer issued a warning to a North Reading driver who drove through a red light at Haverhill and Park streets.
- At 1:17 p.m., police received a call about a vehicle striking a cyclist at Park Street and Oakdale Road. The cyclist said he was OK, but would go to the hospital if he started feeling pain.
- At 5:19 p.m., a Chestnut Street resident called police after two men knocked on her door and then stood in her front yard for several minutes before walking toward Haverhill Street. Police spoke to the men who were with a political group passing out information.
- At 9:48 p.m., a person turned in a wallet she found at the 7-11 gas pumps. The wallet contained several bank cards, a driver’s license from Tennessee and $675 in cash.
Tuesday, June 5
- At 4:09 p.m., a credit card that was found at Eastgate Liquors was brought to police. Police contacted the credit card’s owner, who went by the station to pick it up.
- At 5:47 p.m., police issued a citation to a Cambridge driver for a red light violation on Park Street.
- At 7:23 p.m., police issued a citation to an Andover driver for speeding on Main Street.
- At 8:22 p.m., police warned a North Reading driver for speeding on Winter Street.
- At 10:17 p.m., police received a call about a person locked in a bathroom at Ipswich River Park. The person was rescued after the magnetic locks were reset.
For questions about this blotter, email firstname.lastname@example.org.