Family Displaced After Fire in Woburn Street Home, Reading
There were no injuries.
A small kitchen fire caused damage to the entire first floor of a home on Woburn Street in Reading. No one was injured, but the family is unable to return to their home.
According to the Reading Fire Department, the call came in around 1:30 p.m. Wednesday for a fire at 76 Woburn St. The fire originated in the stove and damaged the cabinets and surrounding area. However, smoke and sut damaged the whole kitchen, hallway and entire first floor, the fire department said. The fire was extinguished in about 15 minutes.
The Health Department deemed the home uninhabitable due the damage. After the house is cleaned and the Health Department approves it, the family will be able to return.
No one was injured in the fire.