Family Displaced After Westward Circle Fire, North Reading
No one was injured.
According to the North Reading Fire Department, a call came in around 6:21 a.m. Thursday for a fire on Westward Circle. The family was home when the fire started, but no one was injured.
Due to the strong winds Thursday morning, a tree fell on the power cables outside and short circuited the house, the fire department said. The fire was mostly inside the walls, according to the fire department, making it hard to find.
It took firefighters under an hour to put the fire out. However, they were called back to the scene just after 8 a.m. for a fire inside the walls in a different location in the home. It was a continuation of the same problem, the fire department explained. It took under an hour to put that fire out.
A fire detail will stay on scene until noon to make sure that the fire is completely out.
The family was home when the fire started, but no one was injured. They will not be able to return to their home because of the damage.