Fire Damages Andrea's in North Reading
An electrical fire Monday night caused Andrea's House of Pizza to be closed on Tuesday.
According to Fire Chief William Warnock, there was a small electrical fire in the ceiling that was put out quickly with a portable extinguisher.
The plaster roof had wire mesh and over time the wire was rubbing up against the wire mesh, which made it in through the installation. Once the mesh came in contact with the piece of metal it energized that and started the fire in the wood, Warnock said.
"Once we shut off the electricity, the hazard was removed," Warnock said.
The restaurant was evacuated and an electrical inspector and the Board of Health reported to the scene. No one was injured.