Fire Overnight in Reading
There was a dryer fire on Village Street Tuesday night in Reading.
The Reading Fire Department responded to a fire on Village Street Tuesday night around 12:15 p.m. The fire started in the dryer, which was located in the basement. No injuries were reported.
According to the fire department the call came in at 12:11 p.m. for the fire at 132 Village Street. When firefighters first arrived, there was a heavy amount of smoke coming from the house. It took them about 30 minutes to put the fire out.
The dryer, the area surrounding it and the windows in the basement were damaged. The fire department estimated about $10,000 worth of damage.
The windows had to be boarded up, but the house was turned back over to the residents last night, the fire department said.