Five Great Places to Get an Ice Cream on a Hot Evening
Reading Patch compiles readers' suggestions for great ice cream experiences.
Few experiences epitomize summer more than hopping in the car after dinner, it's still light out, and heading out in search of an ice cream cone.
So for this week's Patch Picks, we asked:Where's your favorite place in or near Reading for ice cream? Here are five to choose from:
- Richardson's, 50 Walkers Brook Drive, Reading: One of our readers declared that Richardson's has "the best ice cream in Reading, hands down." We can't vouch for that claim, but there is certainly plenty to look at while you finish your cone in an air conditioned environment.
- Heavenly Licks, 40 West Wyoming Ave., Melrose: Melrose Patch got a couple of votes for this Melrose institution. One reader told our sister site: "We love to walk down there and then go to Lincoln Park with our daughter." Another added that Heavenly Licks offers scoops and soft serve.
- Soc's Ice Cream, 67 Lynn Fells Parkway, Saugus: Just over the Melrose-Saugus town line is this popular ice cream stand that's hopping through out the summer—and in December, when they're selling Christmas Trees. We got several votes for Soc's.
- Toscanini's, 899 Main St., Cambridge: Charles put in a vote for this shop just outside Central Square. He said, "In Melrose, we are also fans of Heavenly Licks. But depending on what you consider 'close,' I think Toscanini in Cambridge is out of this world."
- Dairy Delight, 766 Main St., Malden: Home of the "Malden Tornado," Joe put in a vote for this spot just around the corner from the Oak Grove T Station.