Five Parks in Town
Patch Picks offers up five parks in town.
Welcome to Patch Picks, where we highlight editor and reader picks of great local businesses, destinations, services, organizations, ways to spend a day off and more.
Today we look at five parks in town.
Want to suggest a list? Submit your idea in the comment box.
Patch Picks: Five Parks in Town
- Ipswich River Park on 15 Central Street is one of the most popular parks in town. The park features athletic fields, a tennis court, skate park, restrooms, a large jungle gym, swings, and a new pavilion with grilles and picnic benches.
- Clarke Park at 61 Burroughs Road is on the south shore of Martins Pond. The park features a beach, benches, grilles, picnic tables, a jungle gym, and swings.
- Michael J. Benevento Park on 251 Central Street is the home of North Reading Little League. There are three baseball diamonds and two batting cages. A concession stand is available during night games and there are restrooms at the park.
- Chestnut Street Complex on 160 Chestnut Street is a great park with a Kid Spot and is home of North Reading Youth Soccer. There are three soccer fields, a softball field, and a basketball court. The Kids Zone has a Jungle gym, see-saw, slides, and swings.
- Rita J. Mullin Recreational Park on 96 Lowell Road is home of the North Reading field hockey and softball teams. Dogs are permitted on a leash, but must be cleaned up after.