Thanksgiving is tomorrow. Are you going to the Reading or North Reading Thanksgiving football game to cheer on the Rockets or Hornets? Here are five things you need to know about the Thanksgiving Day games:
1. Start time. The Reading Thanksgiving football game starts at 10:15 a.m. and the North Reading game starts at 10:30 a.m. The Hornets will be playing for the league championship. The Hornets have not been in this position since 1980, so the Touchdown Club is organizing a send off. Cheer on the Hornets before they leave North Reading High School at 8:15 a.m.
2. Locations. The Reading Rockets will play the Stoneham Spartans at Stoneham High School and the North Reading Hornets will play longtime rivals the Lynnfield Pioneers at Lynnfield High School.
3. Ticket price. Tickets will be on sale at Reading Memorial High School today for $10. General admission for the North Reading game is $8, but presale tickets can be purchased at North Reading High School today: $6 for adults and $4 for students.
4. Concession. A full concession stand will be available at both games with coffee, hot chocolate and snacks.
5. Pre-game and half-time entertainment. The RMHS band and cheerleaders will perform at their game. Both the North Reading and Lynnfield High School bands will play the national anthem together before that game. The NRHS cheerleaders will perform during half-time.