Five Things You Need to Know Today: Jan. 28
Your daily digest of what’s going on in North Reading.
Today is Friday, Jan. 28. Here are five things you need to know:
- Cloudy calm after the storm: Guess what? There’s no snow in today’s forecast. According to the National Weather Service, today will feature cloudy skies, with a high temperature near 27 degrees. Tonight will be cloudy, with a low around 16 degrees, the weather service said.
- We want you, North Reading parents: Next Wednesday, North Reading Patch will launch a series of weekly articles geared toward mothers, children and families. We will be profiling the best deals for families in town, activities that parents can do without the kids, and a planner of family-friendly weekend events. We’ll also be profiling local kids who have made contributions to the community or have a unique story to tell. And we’ll be answering your parenting questions as well. If you have questions, suggestions for stories or are interested in contributing, contact editor Matt Bashalany at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cheer on the Hornets: The North Reading High School boys basketball team will travel to North Andover today for a 7 p.m. Cape Ann League game. And check out our preview later today of the wresting team’s preparations for the Cape Ann League championship meet on Saturday.
- Fill up for the weekend: Need gas? According to GasBuddy.com, the cheapest gallon of self-serve, regular unleaded gas is $3.09 at the 7-Eleven station on Main Street and at Stop & Shop, 97 Main St.
- Another note to parents: According to the North Reading Public Schools, report cards are scheduled to be sent home today.