Five Things You Need to Know Today: March 13
Your daily guide to Reading and North Reading.
Today is Tuesday, March 13. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. Warmth and showers. Today should see another day of highs close to 70s, but the cloudless skies of yesterday are a memory. Today will see clouds with showers possible.
2. New Calareso’s is open today. You’ve waited for months for this day and it’s finally here! The new Calareso’s will open this morning on Main Street in Reading. The larger store will give customers more product variety, better displays and easier movement. There will also be wider aisles and parking lot, as well as more employees.
3. Business is for the dogs. We featured Friendly Paws, a relatively new North Reading business, yesterday that offers grooming, day care, and pick-up and drop-off service. With so many open storefronts dotting the landscape, it’s great to see business owners investing in North Reading.
4. Want to learn how to start a vegetable garden? Flint Memorial Library will host a talk about how to plant a vegetable garden from 7 to 9 p.m. tonight. North Reading resident Hugo Wiberg will offer tips. The event is sponsored by the Friends of the Flint Memorial Library and is part of the North Reading Reads 2012.
5. Reading Selectmen meet tonight. The Reading Board of Selectmen will welcome its newest member John Arena tonight for Arena’s first meeting since his election win last week. The meeting starts at 7 p.m.