Five Things You Need to Know Today: Valentine’s Edition
Your daily digest of what’s going on in North Reading.
Today is Monday, Feb. 14, also known as Valentine’s Day. Have you forgotten to buy a gift for your significant other (or just like to procrastinate), and you can’t get a dinner reservation anywhere? Here are five quick and easy solutions (note: many of these are geared toward guys, because, let's face it, they're not always on top of Valentine's Day giving. But some of these work for last-minute female shoppers as well):
- Say it with flowers: Need to get some flowers? Check out Good Day Flowers & Gifts or the Boston Flower Market.
- Give her some alone time: A massage or spa treatment might not be the first thing a guy would think of for a gift to give, but there are plenty of options in North Reading. Give the lady in your life a gift certificate to a local spa such as Heavenly Spa or Alantra Spa or treat her to a hair appointment at a local establishment such as The Cutting Room or Salon 77.
- Have a photographic memory: Scrapbooking is fun. Say it again, guys. Scrapbooking is fun. Download photos of you and your significant other onto a memory stick, take it down to CVS, Walgreens, Walmart or Advanced Photo, the latter of which allows you to upload photos directly from your computer to its website for one-hour or next-day service. Get the photos together and make a collage or a book and surprise your sweetheart.
- Reduce, reuse, recycle: DIYLife.com, an AOL publication, offers a unique idea that takes an old picture frame and turns it into a message board. Buy some fabric, attach it to the frame, and then tack on some photos and other nostalgic items and messages.
- Life is like a box of chocolates: This option is quick and easy, and who doesn’t like chocolate? Plus, stores such as Walgreens, CVS and Stop & Shop carry plenty of heart-shaped boxes of candy and other assorted sweets.