Four Arrested Over the Weekend in Reading
The following information was supplied by the Reading police department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Reading Police Department log from Friday through Sunday. The information is open to the public.
At 12:48 a.m. Friday, Yong Du, 43, of 4180 Summit Court, Flushing, New York and Youjia Zhang, 24, of 360 Main Street, Reading were both arrested on charges of conspiracy to commit prostitution. Zhang was also charged with sexual conduct for a fee.
At 7:53 p.m. Friday, Mark P. Barbato, 58, of 21 Condor Rd., Reading was arrested on charges of operating under the influence of alcohol, operating while drinking alcohol and an illegal U-turn on Birch Meadow Drive. He was also placed in protective custody.
At 8:59 p.m. Friday, as the result of a motor vehicle stop, Brendan Murphy, 22, of 29 Partridge Rd., Reading was arrested on charges of operating under the influence of drugs, a marked lanes violation and a stop sign violation.
Friday, Nov. 9
- At 12:02 a.m., a Lincoln Street resident reported that his door was kicked in when he arrived home. A suit and a pair of sunglasses are missing.
- At 8:18 a.m., a caller reported a car accident on Walkers Brook Drive. No injuries were reported.
Saturday, Nov. 10
- At 9:03 a.m., a caller reported a car accident on Main Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 5:11 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on Rachel Road. No injuries were reported.
- At 7:28 p.m., a caller reported that a group of youths damaged the tree outside Zinga! on Haven Street.
Sunday, Nov. 11
- At 12:02 a.m., a caller reported a hydrant marker, that was part of an Eagle Scout project, was removed and thrown into the road on School Street.
- At 5:50 p.m., a caller reported that a car parked on Middlesex Avenue had a broken window. The caller said that he spoke to a neighbor who saw kids throw a rock through the window.
For questions about this blotter, email email@example.com.