Girls Basketball Players Are Fan Favorites in Reading
Members of the Reading High School basketball team regularly sign autographs for their young fans.
It's a scene you don't see at too many high school basketball games. But at Reading High School, it's just another day on the hardwood.
Following Saturday's girls basketball playoff victory over Burlington, Rockets players were greeted by throngs of young girls seeking autographs from their favorite players and coaches, something that has become a tradition at Reading games.
Head coach Kim Penney said the team invites the young players to games as "super fans" and added that she enjoys the experience because her current star players were excited young fans like that at one point themselves.
Are you a big fan of the Rockets? You'll also want to see:
- Reading Girls Basketball Shakes Off Rust, Beats Burlington
- Reading Middle School Team Skates to Title
- Reading Boys Basketball Upset Bid Falls Just Short
- Playoff Brackets Revealed for Rocket Teams
- Balanced Effort Jolts Rockets to State Title
- Region's Teams Ranked Among State's Best
- Rockets Seizing Golden Opportunity Under Head Coach
- Rockets Tame Wildcats in 'Super' Match Up