How To Improve Your Living Room
Five ways to recreate your living room.
Do you spend a lot of time in your living room? Are you sick of the design, furniture, wall art? Here are some ideas to spruce up the room:
1. Wall art. Switch out your wall art. You don't have to throw anything away, just store it in your basement or garage. You may find that when you take it out later, it seems new! Pick up some new wall art or use framed photos or one of your favorite landscape prints to decorate your walls.
2. Area rugs. Whether you have wall-to-wall carpet or hardwood floors, area rugs will change the look of your room. Pick up some area rugs at Carpet Crafts or Walmart and add some spice to your living room. If you don't want to buy area rugs, have your rugs cleaned. They will look and feel new.
3. Lighting. Buy new lamps, or move the lamps from your bedroom to your living room and vice-versa. You may find that it works perfectly. If not, buy a few new lamps and store the old ones. New light makes the room feel completely different.
4. New throw pillows. If buying new furniture is not an option, buy some new throw pillows to improve the look of your couch and loveseat. Another option is to reupholster your current furniture. Head to the fabric store, choose a fabric you love and get to work. Only try this if you have reupholstered before. It can be a big job!
5. Decor. Pick up a new vase, candle or plant to use as an accent in your living room. For the perfect finishing touch, put together a floral centerpiece for your coffee table.