How To Make A Sugar Cookie Christmas Tree
Make your own Christmas tree out of sugar cookies.
Going to a holiday party this year and tired of bringing the same desserts? Instead of cake or pie, bring your own sugar cookie Christmas tree.
What you'll need:
- One roll of sugar cookie dough (Pillsbury works well)
- Star shaped cookie cutters, 3 different sizes
- White frosting
- Rainbow nonpareils
1. Preheat your oven according to the directions on the sugar cookie dough package.
2. Use the star shaped cookie cutters to cut out different sized sugar cookies. You should have three large stars, three medium stars and three small stars for each tree you plan to make.
3. Bake the star shaped cookies and let them cool.
4. Once the cookies are cool, place one large star on a plate.
5. Put a small amount of frosting on the top of the star in the center. Place another large star on top, so the points of the star do not line up.
6. Repeat step number five with the last large star, all three medium stars and two small stars.
7. Put frosting on top of the smallest star and place the last small star on top, vertically.
8. Place a dollop of frosting on the edge of each star limb.
9. Sprinkle with rainbow nonpareils for decoration.