Here are some recipes to try during the hurricane.
Did you buy extra bread and water for the hurricane? Do you know what to meals you can make without power? Here are some recipes for hurricane day:
1. French Toast. If you purchased extra bread and milk, and haven't lost power, you can make French Toast. Scramble two eggs and a couple of tablespoons of milk. Stir in a pinch of cinnamon or splash of vanilla extract. Dunk your bread in the egg mixture and cook in a greased frying pan until slightly brown on both sides.
2. Chocolate butterscotch cake. Click here to try our food blogger's recipe for chocolate butterscotch cake.
3. Tuna sandwiches. If you lose power, tuna sandwiches are always a delicious treat that is easy to make. Mix the tuna with mayonnaise and salt and pepper to taste. Put lettuce, tomato and tuna together on bread and enjoy!
4. S'mores. If you make a fire outside, you can toast marshmallows and use them to make s'mores!
Toast a marshmallow and sandwich it between graham crackers and a chocolate bar. Voila! You have a decadent treat.
5. Hurricane. To go along with the theme of the weekend, try a Hurricane drink. This normally includes:
1 oz vodka
1/4 oz grenadine
1 oz gin
1 oz rum
1/2 oz Bacardi 151
1 oz amaretto almond liqueur
1 oz triple sec
After you mix those ingredients, add grapefruit juice and then pineapple juice to taste.