Intruder Arrested for Violating Prevention Order in North Reading
The following information was supplied by the North Reading police department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is a look at some of the calls handled by the North Reading Police Department from Friday through Sunday. The information is open to the public.
At 4:40 p.m. Friday, police arrested Sarah L. Nickerson, 32, 24R Pomeroy Road, Andover, and charged her with violating an abuse or prevention order. Police also summonsed an Andover man for trespassing. Police responded to a report of an intruder in a residence and later found the intruder was violating an abuse or prevention order.
Friday, June 1
- At 2:42 a.m., police received a call about a shirtless young man walking in the parking lot of Greenbriar Drive. Police spoke to the youth who agreed to go in for the night.
- At 9:30 a.m., police responded to Lowell Road after a report of a collie in the road. The dog left before police arrived.
- At 1:23 p.m., police received a report that checks were missing from a woman’s checkbook. Police are investigating.
- At 3:13 p.m., a Damon Street resident called police after seeing a man sleeping at the end of the street. Police spoke to the man, who said he was walking across the state. There were no issues and the person was sent on his way.
- At 3:30 p.m., police issued a verbal warning to a North Reading motorist for a school bus violation on Central Street.
- At 8:56 p.m., a Lakeside Boulevard resident reported a banging basement door. Police found no problem.
- At 11:28 p.m., police received a call from Main Street near the Lobster Claw after a Wilmington driver struck a deer.
Saturday, June 2
- At 11:33 a.m., a North Reading resident reported receiving obscene texts from a Reading resident. Police advised the person of court options and Reading Police asked the Reading resident to stop texting the person.
- At 1:18 p.m., police received a call about a motor vehicle accident on Main Street near Papa Gino’s.
- At 1:42 p.m., a North Reading resident reported receiving harassing mail. Police advised her of her court rights and options.
- At 1:51 p.m., police issued a verbal warning for a stop sign violation on Park Street.
- At 3:48 p.m., a Chestnut Street resident reported a mirror used for traffic and a sign were damaged with red paint overnight.
- At 5:11 p.m., a Damon Street resident reported a red fox in the area. The caller said the fox had a rabbit in its mouth by Park and Damon streets.
Sunday, June 3
- At 1:31 p.m., police received a call about a car accident on Park Street near North Reading High School. There was only minor damage.
- At 4:49 p.m., a Main Street resident reported credit card fraud. Someone made a fraudulent online charge of $2345.
For questions about this blotter, email firstname.lastname@example.org.