Main Street Business Reportedly Broken Into Over the Weekend in North Reading
The following information was supplied by the North Reading police department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is a look at some of the calls handled by the North Reading Police Department from Friday through Sunday. The information is open to the public.
Friday, July 6
- At 6:38 a.m., a Lowell Road resident reported that his vehicle was broken into and the radio was damaged and the battery is dead.
- At 2:20 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on Main Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 4:50 p.m., a caller reported $300 missing from his car. Police spoke to a possible suspect and reported that the situation will resolve itself.
Saturday, July 7
- At 10:41 a.m., a caller reported damage done to property on North Ridge Drive overnight.
- At 12:58 p.m., a caller reported that his wallet was lost or stolen at the Lynn Fleamarket. He was advised to report the incident to the Lynn Police Department.
- At 2:16 p.m., a caller reported a male walking on Pluff Avenue toward Main Street where he believes drug activity is going on. Police checked the area, but were unable to locate the male.
- At 9:15 p.m., a caller reported fireworks in the are of Elm Street. Police spoke with the homeowner who was setting off fireworks and he agreed to stop for the night.
- At 11:23 p.m., a caller reported fireworks in the are of Crestwood Road. Police spoke with the homeowner who was setting off fireworks and he agreed to stop for the night.
Sunday, July 8
- At 10:12 a.m., a caller reported that while putting seat covers on the rear seat in his car, that he bought from Stoneham Ford abut a year ago, he was pricked by a needle. He found six needles stuck in the rear seats. He notified Stoneham Ford and got medical attention.
- At 11:05 a.m., a North Street resident reported an ongoing issue with her neighbor and said that he was stacking wood against her fence. She was advised that there is potential for a harassment order.
- At 12:45 p.m., the owner of New England Carpet reported that his office and trucks were broken into the night before. Police are investigating.
- At 2:57 p.m., a Central Street resident reported that her mailbox was damaged.
- At 3:21 p.m., a Valley Road resident reported that her mailbox was damaged over the weekend.
- At 7:45 p.m., a caller reported that her car was hit while parked in the Walmart parking lot.
- At 9:32 p.m., the manager at CVS reported that a person was possibly shoplifting. When confronted the person became upset and then left the store. Police reported to the store and spoke to the male, but did not believe he stole anything.
- At 10:50 p.m., a caller reported a silver car driving erratically on Winter Street and another caller reported that the car struck his stone wall on Elm Street.
For questions about this blotter, email firstname.lastname@example.org.