Male Summonsed for Shoplifting at CVS in Reading
The following is an excerpt from the Reading Police Department log. Where charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Reading Police Department log from Friday through Monday. The information is open to the public.
At 10:36 p.m., as the result of a motor vehicle stop on Main Street, Kyle Evans, 25, of 50 Washington Street, Somerville was arrested on a Malden warrant for shoplifting by asportation.
Friday, June 8
- At 7:53 a.m., a caller reported a car accident on Salem Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 1:30 p.m., a Franklin Street resident reported harassing phone calls.
- At 3:14 p.m., a CVS employee reported that a male stole items from the store and ran. Police pulled over the male's vehicle, but no evidence of theft was found. The male was given a verbal no trespass order.
- At 6:18 p.m., a CVS employee reported a shoplifter in the store. The male was summonsed for stealing vitamins from the store.
- At 10:38 p.m., a caller reported a loud party on Francis Drive. Police spoke to the residents throwing the party who agreed to shut it down for the night.
Saturday, June 9
- At 9:24 p.m., a caller reported youths in the woods near Washington Street. Police checked the area, but did not find any youths.
- At 9:48 p.m., a caller reported youths behind a first floor apartment on Washington Street. Police did not see any youths in the area and informed the caller that they were monitoring the area.
- At 11:19 p.m., as the result of a motor vehicle stop on Washington Street, a male was summonsed for operating an uninsured and unregistered motor vehicle.
- At 11:38 p.m., a caller reported past check fraud and past larceny. A GPS, cash and pay check were stolen from his vehicle.
Sunday, June 10
- At At 1:23 p.m., a caller reported that his car was hit while parked in a parking lot on Walkers Brook Drive.
Monday, June 11
- At 7:01 a.m., a caller reported an erratic operator on Salem Street. Police stopped the motor vehicle, the car was towed and the driver was transported to the hospital.
- At 9:46 a.m., a caller reported a car accident on Summer Avenue. The injuries were unknown.
- At 10:35 a.m., a Joseph Way resident reported that the rear window of his car was broken.
- At 11:56 a.m., a caller reported a car accident on Grove Street.
- At 2:41 p.m., a caller reported receiving harassing phone calls at work.
- At 2:59 p.m., a caller reported that his car was hit on Woburn Street.
- At 3:55 p.m., a Wakefield Street resident reported an ongoing boundary dispute with her neighbor over the property line.
- At 4:30 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on Lowell Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 8:35 p.m., a Hartshorn Street resident reported that his car was hit earlier in the day while parked on Pond Meadow Drive.
For questions about the log, email email@example.com