Resident Summonsed After High Speed Chase in Reading
The following is an excerpt from the Reading Police Department log. Where charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Reading Police Department log from Friday through Sunday. The information is open to the public.
At 4:30 p.m. on Friday, as the result of a motor vehicle stop on Salem Street, Pablo F. Chilel, 43, of 7 Violet St., Lynn was arrested for driving with a suspended license.
At 9:10 p.m. Friday, as the result of a motor vehicle stop on High Street Todd Brown, 33, 17 Burlington St., Woburn was arrested for possession of a class B drug.
At 7:04 a.m. Saturday, as the result of a motor vehicle stop on Margaret Road, Michael J. White, 30, 38 Bartley St., Wakefield was arrested on warrants and for operating an unregistered motor vehicle with a revoked license, revoked registration and without insurance.
Friday, June 29
- At 12:20 a.m., a caller reported a loud outdoor party on Berkeley Street. The residents were made aware of the complaint and agreed to go inside.
- At 1:17 p.m., an officer reported a minor car accident on West Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 5:12 p.m., an officer attempted to pull over a vehicle on Main Street for an inspection sticker violation. The driver did not stop and continued to drive. While in pursuit of the vehicle, the officer saw that the driver ran multiple red lights and stop signs while traveling at a high rate of speed. The vehicle stopped at the end of Bolton Street near the woods and the operator ran on foot. The driver of the vehicle was a Reading resident and later went into the police station with his parents and was summonsed for improper operation of a motor vehicle, an expired inspection sticker, failing to stop for a police officer, running red lights and speeding.
- At 6:43 p.m., a caller reported that a three-year-old child was riding his bike on the street unsupervised. The caller stated that it was an ongoing issue and that she had seen the child almost get hit by a car. Police spoke to the parents who said that the children were not allowed to play outside by themselves.
- At 8:40 p.m., a Haverhill Street resident reported that his wires had been cut.
Saturday, June 30
- At 9:40 a.m., a Rustic Lane resident reported that his mailbox was destroyed overnight.
- At 7:55 p.m., a caller reported that his car was hit while parked on Walkers Brook Drive.
Sunday, July 1
- At 9:41 a.m., an Anson Lane resident reported that his mailbox was smashed overnight.
- At 9:56 a.m., a caller reported a car accident on Cedar Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 1:34 p.m., a caller reported that her car was hit while parked on Walkers Brook Drive.
- At 4:02 p.m., a caller reported a syringe found in the storm drain on Woburn Street. An officer disposed of the syringe.
- At 10:19 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on Main Street. No injuries were reported.
For questions about the log, email firstname.lastname@example.org