Match Thrown Into Mailbox in North Reading
The following information was supplied by the North Reading police department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is a look at some of the calls handled by the North Reading Police Department from Monday through Tuesday. The information is open to the public.
Monday, Jan. 7
- At 8:21 a.m., a Park Street resident reported a past larceny from her mailbox.
- At 2:37 p.m., a caller reported a suspicious woman looking in her windows. Police found that the woman was from a remodeling group.
- At 2:50 p.m., a caller reported a deer was struck by a car on Chestnut Street.
- At 2:53 p.m., a caller reported a minor car accident on Haverhill Street.
- At 7:13 p.m., a Scotland Heights resident reported that when he went to pick up his mail he realized that someone threw a match into his mailbox. None of the mail was significantly damaged.
Tuesday, Jan. 8
- At 4:51 p.m., a Gloria Lane resident reported the smell of gas. The fire department responded and found that a gas tank on the deck was left on by accident.
For questions about this blotter, email email@example.com.