Woburn Man Arrested on Warrant
The following information was supplied by the Reading Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
- William H. Mendes, 6 Kimball St., Woburn, was arrested on Dec. 22 on a warrant.
Monday, Dec. 24
- At 11:40 a.m., copper pipes and a furnace were reported stolen from a Village Street residence.
- At 2:27 p.m., a Lee Street resident reported a breaking and entering. The kitchen door and window had been kicked in. Officers said it appeared it was an attempted break-in and entry was not gained.
- At 3:12 p.m., an Echo Avenue resident reported a breaking and entering with forced entry.
- At 11:32 p.m., a motor vehicle lockout was reported at the Domino's Pizza. 274 Main St. A 7-month old baby was locked in the car. Fire Department personnel were able to gain entry to the car.
Saturday, Dec. 22
- At 12:24 a.m., Reading Police received a report of a woman, possibly intoxicated, running up and down the street in the area of Grumpy Doyle's, 540 Main St. Officers responded and the woman was placed in protective custody.
- At 9:05 a.m., a Spruce Road resident reported finding two hypodermic needles by the roadside.
- At 11:45 a.m., a Locust Street resident reported a rock had been thrown through their kitchen window at some point overnight.
- At 12:10 p.m., a School Street resident reported that a stray dog, described as a gray Schnauzer, had followed them home.
- At 10:55 p.m., an alarm came in from Reading Memorial High School. A school department official told police he could access the security cameras at the school from his home and saw a group of teens running through the halls. They had since left the building. Officers responded to the school and could not locate the youths.
Friday, Dec. 21
- At 4:49 p.m., officers found a broken window in a building at 101 Willow St. It was unclear whether the window had been broken accidentally or intentionally.
For questions about this blotter, email firstname.lastname@example.org