North Reading Male Summonsed for Supplying Liquor to Minor
The following information was supplied by the North Reading police department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is a look at some of the calls handled by the North Reading Police Department from Wednesday through Thursday. The information is open to the public.
Wednesday, Aug. 1
- At 3:56 a.m., a caller reported that a 350 gallon drum of diesel fuel was leaking in the road on Concord Street. The leak had stopped upon the arrival of an officer.
- At 12:39 p.m., a caller reported that his motor vehicle was broken into on North Street.
- At 5:19 p.m., a caller reported a suspicious vehicle on Haverhill Street. Police questioned the driver.
- At 9:14 p.m., a Gowing Lane resident reported that her inside alarm was going off and she was afraid to check her basement. Police responded and found everything in order.
Thursday, Aug. 2
- At 8:10 p.m., a caller reported a suspicious male riding a bike on Haverhill Street. Police searched the area, but did not find anything.
- At 8:40 a.m., a caller reported a vehicle spilled cement on Main Street. Police arranged for a clean-up crew.
- At 8:54 a.m., a Lowell Road resident reported a larceny.
- At 9:21 a.m., a Mount Vernon Street resident reported a female walking around the town house complex. Police checked the area, but did not find anything. An officer spoke to a resident who said it was common for people to walk the area for exercise.
- At 10:53 a.m., a 52-year-old Bolton resident was summonsed on Shasta Drive for allowing a motor vehicle to be operated without liability insurance and a suspended/revoked registration.
- At 11:53 a.m., a caller reported two youths walking in the horse path of the woods near Ten Rod Way. The caller stated that it looked like one of the youths had a rifle. Police made contact with the youths and confiscated a BB gun.
- AT 5:32 p.m., a caller reported a suspicious vehicle on Jill Circle. Police were unable to locate the vehicle.
- At 7:17 p.m., a caller reported a minor car accident on Winter Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 9:57 p.m., a 25-year-old North Reading male was summonsed for selling/delivering liquor to a person under 21 and contributing to delinquency of a child.
For questions about this blotter, email email@example.com.