North Reading Police Make Six Arrests Over the Weekend
The following information was supplied by the North Reading police department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is a look at some of the calls handled by the North Reading Police Department from Friday through Sunday. The information is open to the public.
At 8:35 a.m. Friday, Christian Cioffi, 22, of 232 Elm Street, was arrested on a warrant on Elm Street.
At 11:36 a.m. Friday, Dennis Cryan, 45, of 70 Burroughs Road, was arrested on Park Street for possession of a class B substance and conspiracy to violate a drug law.
At 1:45 p.m. Friday, Duane Collins, 53, of 154 Lynnway #207 in Lynn, was arrested on Concord Street for distributing a class B drug, conspiracy to violate a drug law and trafficking cocaine.
At 5:22 a.m. Saturday, Jeremy Bendavid Beatty, 23, of 232 Main St. #5 in Andover, was arrested for disturbing the peace and resisting arrest on Eames Street.
At 10:13 p.m. Saturday, Mark McGinnis, 55, of 22A Reed St. in Londonderry, N.H., was arrested on Main Street for operating under the influence of liquor (second offense), leaving the scene of an accident with property damage and failure to yield when approaching a motor vehicle when turning left.
At 12:21 p.m. Sunday, Larry Issac Edward, 30, of 276B Park St., was arrested on Main Street for shoplifting by asportation (third offense).
Friday, June 22
- At 8:55 a.m., a Timber Lane resident reported that his house was egged overnight.
- At 5:11 p.m., a caller reported a road rage incident on Main Street and believes she has a scuff mark on her bumper from the incident.
- At 9:23 p.m., an Oakdale Road resident reported her television stolen.
Saturday, June 23
- At 11:36 a.m., a caller reported a car accident on Main Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 1:28 p.m., the manager from Hess reported that a customer drove off without paying for gas. Police contacted the customer who said he paid with his credit card and that he would check his statement and pay Hess if the transaction did not go through.
- At 10:10 p.m., a caller reported a loud house party on George Root Way. The homeowners agreed to quiet down the party.
Sunday, June 24
- At 9:05 a.m., an Orchard Drive resident reported that beer cans were thrown on his lawn.
- At 5:25 p.m., a North Street resident reported that he found a small terrier.
For questions about this blotter, email email@example.com.