North Reading Resident Summonsed for Assault and Battery
The following information was supplied by the North Reading police department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is a look at some of the calls handled by the North Reading Police Department from Wednesday through Thursday. The information is open to the public.
Wednesday, May 9
- At 12:53 a.m., a Linwood Avenue resident reported that her house was broken into while she was sleeping. Her diamond ring and phone cords were missing. She believes she knew who took the items, and said that the screen was removed from a window and that her dog was barking, which woke her grandparents. Police found the possible suspect and searched him and his vehicle with negative results.
- At 9:30 a.m., a caller reported a road rage incident on Riverpark Drive.
- At 6:30 p.m., five emergency callers reported a car accident in front of McDonald's. Two cars needed to be towed from the scene. No injuries were reported.
- At 8:10 p.m., a Main Street resident reported her nephew, who she has custody of, missing. An officer saw a young male with the same description at the train station around 5:30 p.m. Police are investigating.
Thursday, May 10
- At 7:57 a.m., a Lowell Road resident reported an unwanted guest. A 48-year-old North Reading woman was summonsed for assault and battery.
- At 10:13 a.m., a caller reported a minor car accident on Main Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 8:55 p.m., a caller reported a minor car accident on Main Street. No injuries were reported.
For questions about this blotter, email firstname.lastname@example.org.