Poisonous Snake Reported in North Reading
The following information was supplied by the North Reading police department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is a look at some of the calls handled by the North Reading Police Department from Wednesday through Thursday. The information is open to the public.
Wednesday, Sept. 19
- At 8:24 a.m., a Main Street resident reported that two quads were taken from his property overnight.
- At 8:56 a.m., a caller reported having a confrontation with an employee from a Park Street business.
- At 11:28 a.m., a caller reported that a truck was taking down lines on Peabody Street. RMLD was notified.
- At 12:50 p.m., a caller reported two quads concealed by brush and debris on Main Street. Police found that those were the two quads stolen from Main Street.
- At 1:45 p.m., a caller reported a missing spare tire from his motor vehicle.
- At 1:58 p.m., a caller reported receiving a fraudulent check in the mail.
- At 3:13 p.m., a caller reported a poisonous snake on Little Meadow Way. Police reported that the snake had moved into the woods prior to their arrival, but given the description they believe that it was a black racer snake, which is non-venomous.
- At 3:23 p.m., a caller reported a coyote in the middle of Peter Road. Police checked the area, but the coyote was gone.
- At 4:51 p.m., a caller reported a motorcycle accident on Haverhill Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 5:30 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on North Street. As a result of the accident a 46-year-old Reading man was summonsed for allowing a motor vehicle to be operated without liability insurance, operating an unregistered motor vehicle and failure to yield at an intersection.
- At 7:06 p.m., a Marblehead Street resident reported a neighbor causing a disturbance in her backyard. Police spoke to the resident who said she was singing while mowing her lawn.
- At 8:46 p.m., a Park Street resident reported that her son's bike was stolen from McDonald's.
- At 10:26 p.m., a Haverhill Street resident reported that his house was toilet papered.
Thursday, Sept. 20
- At 7:37 a.m., a caller reported a minor car accident on Park Street.
- At 8:32 a.m., a caller reported erratic operation on Park Street. Police checked the area, but the car was gone.
- At 5:41 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on Park Street. No injuries were reported, but there was a lot of damage.
- At 11:08 p.m., a caller reported a minor car accident on Main Street.
For questions about this blotter, email email@example.com.