Reading Resident Arrested for Assault and Battery
The following is an excerpt from the Reading Police Department log. Where charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Reading Police Department log from Friday through Monday. The information is open to the public.
At 8:24 p.m. on Sunday, Alan Upton, 55, of 179 Green Street was arrested for domestic assault and battery on Green Street.
Friday, June 15
- At 1:20 p.m., a caller reported graffiti on the side of a traffic control box on Main Street.
- At 10:23 p.m., a caller reported that a group of youths threw some rocks at her car on Main Street.
Saturday, June 16
- At 1:38 a.m., as the result of a motor vehicle stop on Minot Street, a man was given a citation for possession of under one ounce of marijuana.
- At 11:09 a.m., a caller reported a car accident on Main Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 1:38 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on Harnden Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 2:49 p.m., a caller reported that his wallet, $900 and personal papers were taken from his delivery truck while parked on Washington Street.
- At 6:21 p.m., a caller reported a possible assault on a youth on Bancroft Avenue earlier in the day. Police spoke to the youths involved who denied any wrong doing.
- At 10:44 p.m., a caller reported that youths were hiding in a tree on Salem Street and throwing items at cars. Police searched the area, but did not find any youths.
Sunday, June 17
- At 9:02 a.m., a caller reported a car accident on West Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 12:48 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on General Way. A motor vehicle struck a parked car.
- At 3:25 p.m., a Wakefield Street resident reported an unwanted guest. The guest was gone when police arrived.
- At 7:59 p.m., an Ash Street resident reported an ongoing problem with her neighbor banging on the ceiling. Police advised the neighbor of the complaint.
- At 9:25 p.m., a caller reported youths throwing eggs at vehicles. The caller stated that the youths put a chair in the middle of the road on Birch Meadow Drive and when the vehicle stops and the person gets out to remove the chair, the youths are throwing eggs at the vehicle. Police were unable to locate the youths.
Monday, June 18
- At 6:07 a.m., a Milton Road resident reported that she heard banging sounds in her basement and later saw a male running through her yard. Police were unable to locate the man, and did not find any signs of a break-in at the resident's home.
- At 10:17 a.m., a caller reported a car accident on Ash Street. The accident was minor and no injuries were reported.
- At 11:36 a.m., a caller reported a car accident on Main Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 6:06 p.m., a Reading man was summonsed for the unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and expired inspection sticker.
- At 6:47 p.m., a Lakeview Avenue resident reported loud noise from the apartment below his. Police spoke to both residents who blamed the other for the noise.
- At 9:55 p.m., a caller reported youths throwing objects at passing vehicles on Birch Meadow Road. Police were unable to locate the youths.
For questions about the log, email email@example.com