Youths Reported Jumping in Front of Cars on Main Street
The following is an excerpt from the Reading Police Department log. Where charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Reading Police Department log from Friday through Sunday. The information is open to the public.
At 5:45 p.m. Friday, Jay Perry, 41, of 50.5 B Salem St., Woburn was arrested on charges of violation of a protective order.
At 12:23 a.m. Sunday, Jeffrey Biggar, 28, of 3 Heritage Drive was arrested on charges of operating under the influence and a marked lanes violation after he hit a tree in his vehicle on Lucy Drive. He was also held in protective custody.
Friday, March 1
- At 8:38 a.m., a caller reported a car accident on Main Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 7:57 p.m., a caller reported that youths were taking down street signs on Sylvan Road. The DPW was notified.
- At 8:58 p.m., a caller reported that youths were jumping in front of cars on Main Street. Police spoke to the youths and their parents picked them up from the scene.
Saturday, March 2
- At 9:30 a.m., a Pleasant Street resident reported that his car was damaged overnight while parked in the driveway. A heavy bench was taken from a neighbor's lawn and thrown at the vehicle.
Sunday, March 3
- At 8:27 p.m., a caller reported a minor motor vehicle accident on Main Street. No injuries were reported.
For questions about the log, email firstname.lastname@example.org