Reported Break-In and North Reading Female Summonsed for Possession of Drugs
The following information was supplied by the North Reading police department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is a look at some of the calls handled by the North Reading Police Department from Monday through Thursday. The information is open to the public.
At 10:42 p.m. Wednesday, as the result of a motor vehicle stop on Park Street, Laura Ann Chapman, 43, of 193 Elm St. #611 was arrested on charges of operating under the influence of liquor, second offense; a marked lanes violation; and miscellaneous equipment violation.
Monday, Jan. 28
- At 8:33 a.m., as the result of a motor vehicle stop on North Street, a 52-year-old North Reading female was summonsed on charges of allowing a motor vehicle to be operated unregistered, without liability insurance and without an inspection sticker.
- At 2:48 p.m., a caller reported two vehicles racing on Puritan. Police issued citations to the drivers.
- At 3:14 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on Park Street. The accident was minor.
- At 4:52 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on Main Street. No injuries were reported.
Tuesday, Jan. 29
- At 4:24 p.m., a caller reported an assault that took place on Main Street the night before. Police are investigating.
- At 1:51 p.m., a caller reported finding a hypodermic needle on Main Street. Police disposed of the needle.
Wednesday, Jan. 30
- At 1:17 a.m., a caller reported an accident on North Street. The accident was minor.
- At 8:13 a.m., a caller reported a car accident on Main Street. One car was towed from the scene.
- At 3:32 p.m., a caller reported a minor accident involving a bus on Haverhill Street. Students were not on the bus.
- At 3:39 p.m., a caller reported erratic operation on Park Street. As the result of a motor vehicle stop, a 32-year-old North Reading female was summonsed on charges of possession of a class E and C drug.
- At 4:15 p.m., a loss prevention officer from Walmart reported a male shoplifting. The male was given a no trespass order.
- At 7:35 p.m., a caller reported a truck fire on Concord Street.
- At 8:13 p.m., a caller reported that a car hit a pedestrian on Main Street. The accident was minor and the pedestrian refused care.
- At 8:41 p.m., a caller reported a rollover accident on Central Street.
Thursday, Jan. 31
- At 6:19 a.m., a caller reported a tree down on wires and smoke inside a home on Central Street.
- At 9:08 a.m., a caller reported a power line blocking the road on Park Street. RMLD responded to fix the wire.
- At 2:05 p.m., a caller reported that a fallen tree took down utility wires on North Street.
- At 5:22 p.m., a Main Street resident reported that someone has been taking scrap metal from his dumpster.
- At 10:17 p.m., a Hayward Farms Lane resident reported that he arrived home and found a broken window. He thought someone was inside his house. Police checked the home and did not find anyone inside, but confirmed a break-in.
For questions about this blotter, email email@example.com.