Resident Arrested for Assault and Battery and Vandalizing Property in North Reading
The following information was supplied by the North Reading police department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is a look at some of the calls handled by the North Reading Police Department from Friday through Sunday. The information is open to the public.
At 1:57 a.m. Sunday, Timothy D. Maher, 19, of 94 Old Andover Road was arrested on Orchard Drive on charges of assault and battery and vandalizing property.
Friday, Nov. 16
- At 1:39 a.m., a caller reported hitting a deer on Haverhill Street. Police reported that the deer went back into the woods when they arrived.
- At 12:54 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on Chestnut Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 5:24 p.m., a Heritage Way resident reported a black vehicle driving slowly on her street and pulling into driveways. The car was gone when police arrived.
- At 5:50 p.m., a Wren Circle resident reported hearing a sound similar to a gun shot. Police checked the area, but did not find anything.
- At 9:40 p.m., an officer reported an intoxicated male making threats at the middle school dance. Police stood by until the dance let out.
- At 10:53 p.m., a Lowell Road resident reported loud music coming from an apartment close by. Police spoke with the resident playing the loud music.
Saturday, Nov. 17
- At 2:54 a.m., several emergency callers reported a car accident on Nutter Road. The fire department responded as well as police. A telephone pole fell on the car and there was damage to a home on Nutter Road as a result of the accident. A 22-year-old North Reading resident was summonsed for operating to endanger, speeding greater than reasonable and failure to stay within marked lanes.
- At 12:11 p.m., a Duane Road resident reported that his mailbox was damaged.
- At 3:38 p.m., a 30-year-old North Reading resident was summonsed for distributing a class B drug on Park Street.
Sunday, Nov. 18
- At 11:02 a.m., a Mentus Farm Lane reported an injured deer in the retention pond.
For questions about this blotter, email email@example.com.