Resident Arrested for Assault and Battery in North Reading
The following information was supplied by the North Reading police department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is a look at some of the calls handled by the North Reading Police Department from Friday through Sunday. The information is open to the public.
At 12:54 p.m. Saturday, John Gesnaldo, 53, of 23 Audubon Rd. was arrested on Audubon Road for assault and battery.
At 2:55 p.m. Sunday, Jeffrey Mitchell, 36, of 230 Lebanon St. Apt. 1, Malden was arrested on Main Street for operating under the influence of liquor and a marked lanes violation.
Friday, July 13
- At 1:10 p.m., a pharmacist from CVS reported a male threatening employees at the pharmacy. The male was attempting to fill a prescription a day early and was refused by the pharmacist. The male was given a no trespass order and told to bring the prescription somewhere else.
- At 3:31 p.m., a caller reported that a car struck a building on North Street.
- At 8:10 p.m., multiple emergency callers reported a car accident on Orchard Drive. One car flipped over. The injuries are unknown.
Saturday, July 14
- At 7:08 p.m., a Marblehead Street resident reported fireworks going off at a house on her street. Police checked the area, but did not find anything.
- At 11:21 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on Park Street. The injuries are unknown.
Sunday, July 15
- At 1:32 p.m., a loss prevention officer at Walmart reported that a male had shoplifted in the store and was now in his custody. Police summonsed a 49-year-old Woburn man for shoplifting by asportation.
- At 8:38 p.m., an Elm Street resident reported that his white female pit bull was missing.
For questions about this blotter, email email@example.com.