Resident Arrested for Driving With Suspended License, Drugs in North Reading
The following information was supplied by the North Reading police department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is a look at some of the calls handled by the North Reading Police Department from Friday through Sunday. The information is open to the public.
At 9:10 a.m. Friday, Michael Lena, 40, of 11 Seaford St., Wilmington was arrested on a warrant on Main Street.
At 1:34 p.m. Friday, Paul Mahoney, 44, of 3 Greenbriar Dr. Apt. #304 was arrested on a warrant and for operating a motor vehicle with a revoked license, suspended registration and for possession of a class B substance on Main Street.
Friday, June 8
- At 9:52 a.m., a Linwood Avenue resident reported that she was receiving threats from a man who was on his way to her residence. Officers reported to the scene and found that the argument was civil regarding property. The male gathered his property and left.
- At 3:55 p.m., a caller reported that her car was keyed while parked in the Marshalls parking lot.
- At 7:34 p.m., a Central Street resident reported that an object was thrown at his front window. A gray car with three youths in it was seen leaving the area.
- At 7:52 p.m., a Bishops Way resident reported that his window was shot at by a BB gun. An officer stopped a car he believed was involved and got the information of all the occupants, but is unsure of their involvement.
- At 9:11 p.m., a Central Street resident reported that something was shot at his window. The object hit and broke his window.
Saturday, June 9
- At 8:27 a.m., a Ridgeway Road resident reported damage to his front window.
- At 2:36 p.m., a caller reported a go-cart in the old Stop and Shop parking lot. An officer spoke with the driver of the go-cart who agreed to leave the area.
- At 9:58 p.m., a Central Street resident reported that her grandfather's house was broken into and a television is missing. Her grandfather was a retired cop and had guns in his home. Police went to the home and took the guns until the home could be secured.
Sunday, June 10
- At 12:11 a.m., a caller reported a car accident on Main Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 6:12 a.m., a Shore Road resident reported that his snowblower was stolen the night before. Police were able to locate the snowblower and it was returned to the owner.
- At 11:54 a.m., a caller reported a brush fire possibly related to fireworks near Burroughs Road. The Fire Department reported to the scene.
- At 12:22 p.m., a North Reading male was summonsed for operating with a suspended license and without a registration, failure to stop for a police officer, operating to endanger, allowing a motor vehicle to be operated without liability insurance and an MC helmet violation on Oakdale Road.
- At 1:35 p.m., a caller reported a minor motor vehicle accident on Park Street.
For questions about this blotter, email firstname.lastname@example.org.