Resident Arrested for Indecent Assault and Battery in North Reading
The following information was supplied by the North Reading police department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is a look at some of the calls handled by the North Reading Police Department from Wednesday through Thursday. The information is open to the public.
At 9:10 a.m. Wednesday, Timothy W. O'Brien, 20, of 225 Central Street was arrested for indecent assault and battery on a person 14 or over.
Wednesday, July 18
- At 7:29 a.m., a Greene Street resident reported that a ladder was moved in her backyard overnight.
- At 1:53 p.m., a caller reported a pole down on Main Street. RMLD was notified.
- At 1:55 p.m., a caller reported a tree down on Country Club Road. The DPW was notified.
- At 1:56 p.m., a caller reported a tree down on Bliss Road.
- At 2:08 p.m., a caller reported a tree resting on a house on Leland Road.
- At 2:15 p.m., a caller reported a tree across Main Street with wires down.
- At 3:08 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on Chestnut Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 3:26 p.m., an employee from Reading Lumber reported a past larceny of goods.
- At 4:03 p.m., an officer was flagged down by a man on Main Street who said he was driving behind a tractor trailer when it struck a tree branch that was hanging over the road and the branch fell and hit his car causing damage.
- At 7:29 p.m., a Leclair Street resident reported that their house was broken into and the inside trashed. Police reported that it may have been kids that broke into the house and partied. Nothing was taken.
- At 9:45 p.m., a caller reported getting harassing phone calls and pizza delivered to her house that she did not order.
- At 11:05 p.m., a Duane Road resident reported damage to his mailbox.
Thursday, July 19
- At 12:08 p.m., a caller reported a minor car accident on Concord Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 5:00 p.m., a caller reported another vehicle throwing trash at passing cars on Route 93 northbound.
- At 9:46 p.m., a female called from the storage units on Concord Street and said she was nervous to exit due to kids screaming and driving around the building. Police reported to the scene and found that the kids were gone. They walked the female to her car.
For questions about this blotter, email firstname.lastname@example.org.