Resident Arrested for Operating Under the Influence in Reading
The following is an excerpt from the Reading Police Department log. Where charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Reading Police Department log from Tuesday through Thursday. The information is open to the public.
At 10:05 p.m. Thursday, Desmond Conte, 39, of 183 High Street was arrested on the charge of operating under the influence. An off-duty Lynnfield cop followed Conte while he was driving erratically on Route 93, according to police. Conte drove into Reading and allegedly ditched his car. He was allegedly found hiding in a resident's backyard on High Street and arrested.
Tuesday, Aug. 7
- At 6:36 p.m., as the result of a motor vehicle stop, a Rockport man will be summonsed for operating a motor vehicle with a revoked registration, without a license and without insurance.
- At 9:45 a.m., a caller reported a car accident on Haverhill Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 11:26 a.m., a caller reported a car accident on Walkers Brook Drive. No injuries were reported.
- At 5:20 p.m., a Spring Street resident reported that something was thrown through her window earlier in the day. Police found that a neighbor had a landscaper and a piece of metal went through the lawn mower and hit the window.
- At 6:43 p.m., a caller reported fraudulent charged on his credit card.
- At 9:36 p.m., a caller reported youths ringing doorbells and running off.
Wednesday, Aug. 8
- At 7:33 a.m., as the result of a motor vehicle stop on Lowell Street, a Swampscott man was summonsed for operating a motor vehicle after suspension.
- At 12:31 p.m., a caller reported that a credit card in her name was issued to an unknown party.
- At 5:22 p.m., an officer reported that a speed board had graffiti on it.
Thursday, Aug. 9
- At 7:13 a.m., a caller reported that a 56-year-old deaf man was hit while waiting for the train. The man was transported to the hospital and the dark, medium sized dog ran down Haven Street and has not been found.
- At 3:03 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on Walkers Brook Drive. No injuries were reported.
- At 6:40 p.m., a resident walked into the police station to report a past larceny of jewelry, EBT cards, a camera and food stamps.
For questions about the log, email email@example.com