Salisbury Resident Arrested for Shoplifting in North Reading
The following information was supplied by the North Reading police department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is a look at some of the calls handled by the North Reading Police Department from Wednesday through Thursday. The information is open to the public.
At 4:29 p.m. on Tuesday, Jeffrey Boss, 26, of 138 Central Avenue in Salisbury was arrested for shoplifting at Walmart. He was also later summonsed for being a fugitive from justice on a court warrant.
Wednesday, June 13
- At 10:19 a.m., a caller reported a car accident on Concord Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 11:55 a.m., a Third Street resident reported an abandoned trailer parked on town land. The trailer was towed from the area.
- At 12:29 p.m., a manager from Wendy's reported that a male appeared to be under the influence of drugs and causing a disturbance in the restaurant. The male was gone when police arrived, however they were able to talk with him on Main Street and found that he was not under the influence of drugs and the male was sent on his way.
- At 2:38 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on Park Street. A pole was hit and a woman transported to the hospital. A 54-year-old North Reading woman was summonsed for operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol and a marked lanes violation.
- At 4:00 p.m., a caller reported a possible fight on Nutter Road. Police reported to the scene and found that it was a verbal altercation.
- At 4:08 p.m., a caller reported that a tractor-trailer jackknifed on Lowell Road.
- At 4:57 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on Main Street. No injuries were reported.
Thursday, June 14
- At 8:15 a.m., a caller reported a minor car accident on Park Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 11:08 a.m., a caller reported a male going door to door selling magazines. Police told the solicitor to stop because he did not have a permit.
- At 12:07 p.m., a Sunset Avenue resident reported that his mailbox and his neighbor's mailbox were knocked off their posts the night before.
- At 2:39 p.m., a caller reported that her car was keyed while parked at Walmart. She said that she had an altercation with a woman before entering the store.
For questions about this blotter, email email@example.com.