With only about a week to go until Thanksgiving, you’ll need to get started on your shopping. Before you start buying items for turkey day, check out some deals we found in town:
- Ryers. Stop at Ryers for your Thanksgiving dinner necessities. They will have a limited quantity of fully cooked, bone-in turkey breasts, so call ahead if you want one. They also supply all the fixings: gravy for $2.99, cranberry sauce for $1.99, roasted or mashed potatoes, butternut squash, green beans, rice pilaf and more priced by weight. They also have a variety of desserts and wines including Beaujolis noveau a red wine that becomes available every November. They stock Thanksgiving themed shortbread cookies, The Pie Guy’s apple pies and they are expecting cheesecakes from Emily’s Bakery in Haverhill. Don’t forget about their delicious bread, growing imported cheese section, cider and sparkling cider. Call Ken with your catering orders at 978.664.2183.
- Stop and shop. Stop & Shop has everything you need for Thanksgiving Day. If you have the coupon from their circular and use it when you buy a turkey, you’ll earn an extra 200 reward points on your Stop & Shop card, which will save you 20 cents per gallon at the gas pump. Turkey’s are 58 cents per pound this week, but they will match any competitor’s turkey coupon or advertised turkey price. They also offer floral arrangements for centerpieces. The average price is about $25 dollars. Bring in your own container or choose from their designs including a cornucopia, ceramic turkey planter or ceramic pumpkin.
- Boston Flower Market. Stop by Boston Flower Market on Main Street for your floral centerpiece. They have a variety of centerpieces, some have cut flowers and others are potted plants. You can also add candles. They start around $50.
- Good Day Flowers. Good Day Flowers & Gifts has a centerpiece for you. They stock wicker cornucopias and baskets, glass vases and silver bowls to hold cut flowers or fruit. Candles are optional. Visit their website to see the selection. Prices start at $35.
- Brissonte. Brissonte has hostess gifts and Wind & Willow Appetizer or Cheese Ball Mixes in many different flavors in a decorative bowl with spreader for $11.99. They also have elegant flour sack towels in Fall designs for $10, beautiful aprons for cooking the perfect Turkey and scented soy candles that start at $10.