The Week Ahead: Allergy Prevention, Green Cars, and a Mixer
A look at the upcoming week in and around Reading.
As another weekend comes and goes, you're once again wondering what's going on in and around the town you call home this upcoming week.
You can find out how to 'go green' with your transportation choices, join a film discussion, learn about what causes allergies at the Natural Food Exchange, or head to a mixer at Artichoke's in Wakefield.
- Art Lessons – Reading Senior Center, 9:30am–11:30am.
Head to the Senior Center for some arts and crafts.
- Traveling Theatre Presents: "Nursery Crimes, Four and Twenty" – Reading Public Library,6:45pm–7:30pm.
This event is free and perfect for families ages 5+. See a theatrical parody performed by the Traveling Theatre Troupe from Creative Arts.
- Community Planning and Development Commission – Reading Town Hall, 7:30pm.
- Green Series/LiveWires Coffee & More: Green Cars and Transportation – Reading Public Library, 10:00am–12:00pm.
Find out how to go 'green' with your transportation choices and be part of the local climate change solution.
- Board of Selectmen – Reading Town Hall, 7:00pm
- Wakefield Weeknights and More Meetup at Artichokes– Artichokes, (317 Main St, Wakefield), 6:30pm.
Artichokes is opening the downstairs bar room to mix and mingle.
- An Herbal Approach to Seasonal Allergies – Natural Food Exchange, 7:00pm–8:30pm.
Learn about the plants from each part of the season that are known to cause allergies.
- Rewind Film Discussion: The Ox-Bow Incident – Reading Public Library, 7:00pm–9:00pm.
Join together with other film buffs to discuss the film The Ox-Bow Incident, a film that asks the question 'What constitutes justice?'
- Annulments & the Catholic Church: Fact from Fiction – St. Athanasius Parish Activity Center, 300 Haverhill St., 7:30pm–9:00pm.
Fr. Mark O’Connell , Canon Law Expert, sorts fact from fiction regarding the perception and understanding of the marriage annulment process in the Catholic Church.
- Blood Pressure Check – Reading Senior Center, 11:00am–12:00pm.
Make sure you're in good health by getting your blood pressure checked.
- Ultimate Frisbee Pick Up Games – Birch Meadow Athletic Complex, (62 Oakland Rd.), 6:00pm.
Join in for some Ultimate Frisbee. All abilities are welcome and no prior experience is needed.
- All My Sons by Arthur Miller – Quannapowitt Players, (55 Hopkins St.), 8:00pm.
Reading's own black box theater will stage Arthur Miller’s Tony Award-winning play All My Sons.