The Week Ahead: August 1-5
Check out what's on the docket for the coming week.
- 4th Annual Northeast Classic Golf Tournament, 149 North St, North Reading, 8:00am. Check out this free and open to all golf tourney, and test your skills against locals on the links.
- Beginner Irish Set Dancing Classes at Harrington's, Harringtons, 7:30pm–9:00pm. What is Irish Set Dancing? To put it simply, eight people create a square formation, and follow a series of movements using simple footwork. More than that, it's cultural, musical, social, good exercise, and it’s fun! Only $7 a lesson!.
- "All Over the Map" Children's Summer Reading Program, Reading Public Library, 9:00am–9:00pm. Come sign up for Readings Summer reading program which lasts until August 27th and covers works from all over the world.
- Farmer's Market, Town of Stoneham, 2:00pm–6:00pm. The Farm Hill Farmers Market returns to the Town Common. This is a wonderful opportunity to buy just picked fruits, vegetables, home-made pies, fresh baked bread, cheeses, teas, herbs, etc.
- Summer Art Lessons, 40 Swan Pond Rd, North Reading, 6:00pm–7:30pm. Learn to paint and draw in a fun, relaxed atmosphere; all materials are included and its sure to be a fun and educational time. It is $85 a session.
- Economic Development Committee (EDC), Reading Town Hall, 7:00pm. Sit in on this Committee meeting and follow the economic direction of the town.
- Motion to Music at Senior Center total body workout class complete with aerobics, weight training, and stretching. Its $15 for a month, or $3 a session if you drop in.
- Stoneham Theatre Young Company Presents The Mystery of Edwin Drood
- Red Cross Blood Drive,Stoneham Senior Center, 9:00am–2:00pm. The American Red Cross will hold several community blood drives during the month of August. All eligible and new blood donors are encouraged to give blood. Blood donors are needed everyday to ensure an adequate blood supply for patients in need.
- The 20th Annual Red Sox Wives Can & Cash Drive, 4 Yawkey Way, Boston, 5:00pm–7:30pm. For two days this August, the Red Sox Wives take over Fenway Park to collect donations for The Greater Boston Food Bank, the largest hunger-relief organization in New England and one of the largest food banks in the country.