The Week Ahead: Mammograms, Networking and Understanding Disabilities
A look at the upcoming week in and around Reading.
As another weekend comes and goes, you're once again wondering what's going on in and around the town you call home this upcoming week.
You can catch a show at the Stoneham Theatre or Quannapowitt Players, see Shonda Schilling(a NY Times best selling author and wife of retired Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling) talk about understanding disabilities, or get a mammogram that seems more like a relaxing day at the spa. You can also head to Saint Athanasius Church to shed some light on the job hunting experience.
- Annual Senior Center/Coolidge Peer Leaders Dinner—Arthur W. Coolidge Middle School, 4:00pm–6:00pm.
Wear a funny hat to the annual dinner with the Coolidge Middle School Peer leaders, and you will be eligible to win a prize.
- Board of Library Trustees—Reading Public Library, 7:00pm.
- Cellar Door Stage Benefit Performance —Stoneham Theatre, (395 Main St, Stoneham), 7:30pm.
The Theatre will host Cellar Door Stage as they perform ‘Songs of Innocence and Experience: A Benefit Concert.'
- Understanding Disabilities Presents Shonda Schilling—Walter S. Parker Middle School, 7:00pm–8:30pm.
Come see Shonda Schilling, NY Times best selling author and wife of retired Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling. Share the painful and joyous story of her son Grant's struggle with autism.
- Motion to Music—Reading Senior Center, 9:00am–10:00am.
Get in shape with a total body workout with aerobics, weight training, and stretching.
- Economic Development Committee—Reading Town Hall (Berger Room), 7:00pm.
- Cornerstone Career Networking Group—Saint Athanasius Church, (300 Haverhill St.), 7:00pm–9:00pm.
See a guest speaker discuss various aspects of job hunting and coping with transition.
- Healing Protocols for Common Illnesses—Natural Food Exchange, (343 Main St.), 7:00pm–8:30pm.
David Termine will share knowledge on how high quality, organic, whole food vitamins can be used to be used to address health issues.
- Garden Club Plant Sale—All Saints Episcopal Church, (79 Central St, Stoneham), 10:00am–2:00pm.
Join the Stoneham Garden Club and its annual plant sale.
- Meet, Mingle, Mammogram—Hallmark Health Medical Center (30 New Crossing Rd.), 5:30pm–8:30pm.
Come to this relaxed, spa-like atmosphere and make your screening mammogram a pleasant experience and fun night out.
- Zoning Board of Appeals—Reading Town Hall, (Selectmen's Meeting Room), 7:00pm.
- Senator Katherine Clark May Office Hours—Reading Public Library, 10:30am–11:30am.
Senator Clark or a member of her staff will be available to meet with constituents in the district.
- Infant Toddler Singalong with Peter Sheridan—Reading Public Library, 10:15am–10:45am.
Dance, clap, sing and join in the fun with guest artist, Peter Sheridan.
- All My Sons by Arthur Miller—Quannpowitt Players, (55 Hopkins St, Reading), 8:00pm.
Reading's own black box theater will stage Arthur Miller’s Tony Award-winning play All My Sons.