The Week Ahead: Physicians, Sports, and Upcoming Fun at the YMCA
And maybe attend a Church Forum?
As another weekend comes and goes, you're once again wondering what's going on in and around the town you call home this upcoming week.
You could play some golf, register for summer activities at the YMCA, find a new physician in an interesting way, or attend a unique Forum at the First Congregational Church in Melrose.
- Wood End Golf Tournament and Luncheon, Lions International, (149 North St, North Reading), 8:00am.
Play some golf and enter some raffles and silent auctions.
- Wakefield Weeknights and More MeetUp at the Pickled Onion for Stump Trivia, (355 Rantoul St, Beverly), 6:30pm.
Socialize, eat, and play trivia.
- Summer Session Registration Burbank YMCA, 36 Arthur B Lord Dr, Reading, 8:00am–10:00pm.
Don't forget to sign up for fitness, sports, swimming, and more this summer at the Y.
- Board of Selectmen Meeting, Reading Town Hall, (16 Lowell St, Reading), 7:00pm.
- Computer Classes at Senior Center, Reading Senior Center, (49 Pleasant St, Reading), 9:00am–10:00am.
Learn to use email, send pictures, or use the internet.
- Hallmark Health looking to help you find your ‘Match’’–Grumpy Doyle's, (530 Main St, Reading), 5:30pm–7:00pm.
Take part in a a unique information session with a speed dating format to find a new primary care physician.
- Presentation on Climate Change in New England–Reading Public Library, 7:00pm–9:00pm.
Find out how climate change affecting the treasures of the Northeast.
- Communities Gather to Affirm Respect for All Human Beings–First Congregational Church, United Church of Christ, (121 W Foster St, Melrose), 7:00pm.
Check out this Forum aimed at promoting civil discourse, reaffirming our country’s basic democratic values, and deepening respect for all human beings.
- "Ask a Social Worker" at Senior Center–Senior Center, 12:30pm.
Social Worker, Marie Ammer, will be available for private consultations.
- Challenger Baseball–Birch Meadow Athletic Complex, (62 Oakland Rd, Reading), 6:00pm–7:00pm.
Grab your glove and bat, it’s time for some baseball.
- Healthy Villi: Living Gluten Free–Natural Food Exchange, (343 Main St, Reading), 7:00pm–8:30pm.
An opportunity to discuss anything relevant to a gluten-free lifestyle.
- Ultimate Frisbee Pick Up Games– Birch Meadow Athletic Complex, (62 Oakland Rd, Reading), 6:00pm.
Play some Ultimate Frisbee. All abilities are welcome and no prior experience is needed.