The Week Ahead: Spring at the Library and St. Agnes Church
Laughter therapy and a local author.
Spring is here, and it’s an active week at the library.
In addition to standard events, like lapsits and storytime, the library this week will have laughter therapy and a talk with an author.
St. Agnes Church also has a couple of highlights, including a blood drive and a talk about changes in Catholic worship worldwide.
See our full events calendar for more.
- Community Blood Donor Day—St. Agnes Church, 2-7:30 p.m.
The Red Cross will be in the Parish Center for the church’s annual Blood Donor Day.
- Mother Goose Lapsits—Reading Public Library, 10:15-10:45 a.m.
Join the library for stories, songs, rhymes and fingerplays.
- Community Planning and Development Commission Meeting—Town Hall, 7:30 p.m.
The agenda includes a public hearing for the Reading Woods developlmen on Jacob Way.
- Livewires Presents: Laugh! Laugh! Laugh!—Reading Public Library, 7 p.m.
Donna Davis will share stories and video clips that will tickle the funny bone.
- Stump Trivia—Grumpy Doyle’s, 8 p.m.
Try your luck and test your knowledge.
- New Slacker Title: The Works Of Roland Merullo—Reading Public Library, 7 p.m.
Roland Merullo is the critically acclaimed author of novels and nonfiction including Fidel’s Last Days, American Savior and Revere Beach Boulevard.
- Introduction to Health Kinesiology—Natural Food Exchange, 7-8:30 p.m.
The focus of Health Kinesiology is to identify energy patterns and blocks, and how they influence us on a cellular level.
- Reading Parishes Address Imminent Changes to Catholic Liturgical Worship—St. Agnes Church, 7:30-9 p.m.
Fr. Edward Malone, will explore the upcoming changes which will take effect on November 27, 2011. His presentation will address the reasoning and meaning behind the changes effecting English-speaking Catholic parishes.
- Finance Committee Meeting—Reading Municipal Light Department, 7:30 p.m.
The meeting will cover budgets for public works, capital and benefits.
- Free Diabetes Screenings—Senior Center, 10:15 a.m.
Refreshments will be served and one lucky visitor will win a $25 gift card to Market Basket.
- Storytimes for Four and Five Year Olds—Reading Public Library, 1:30-2:15 p.m.
Join the library for stories, songs, and visits with Cocoa Moose.