Top Five Stories Last Week
Take a look at the top stories from the past week.
Did you miss some news this week? Want to know what the top stories were? Here is a list of the top five stories from this past week:
1. Rockets Get Revenge, Beat Redmen 42-6. In a rematch of last year’s Division 2 Semifinal, the Rockets got their revenge over Tewksbury with a 42-6 dismantling of the Redmen at Reading High Tuesday night.
2. Alleged Serial Gun-Wielding Robber Arrested by Stoneham Police. Stoneham Police have arrested a 19-year-old in connection with seven recent armed robberies in the area, including Reading, the department announced in a press release on Thursday morning.
3. Family Displaced After Fire in Woburn Street Home, Reading. A small kitchen fire caused damage to the entire first floor of a home on Woburn Street in Reading. No one was injured, but the family is unable to return to their home.
4. NRPD's Newest Addition, Officer Tremblay. Travis Tremblay is the newest addition to the North Reading Police Department. After working as a reserve officer for the department, Tremblay was hired as a full-time officer in November.
5. Celebrating Our Second Year With 10 Stories. About two years ago, North Reading Patch was launched. However, last week we celebrated more than just our second birthday. We are now part of Reading-North Reading Patch, two sites combined, both of which have been around for two years.