Top Five Stories Last Week
Here are the top five stories from the past week.
Did you miss some news this week? Want to know what the top stories were? Here is a list of the top five stories from this past week:
1. Reading Victim in Child Sex Crime Linked To Wakefield Day Care Business. A Wakefield husband and wife are facing numerous charges in connection with an illegal day care service that subjected at least 13 children - one of them just days old - to horrific sexual abuse that was recorded on video.
2. Reading’s Tax Rate Recalculated Upward. The town’s appraiser has recalculated the property tax rate in Reading, and it’s up. The correct rate is $14.94 per thousand of a property’s value, not $14.39 per thousand, according to Chief Appraiser Victor Santaniello.
3. NRHS Senior Wins John Norton Scholarship, All League Award. North Reading High School Senior John Fortes, an offensive and defensive lineman on the varsity football team, won three awards at the end of season banquet Sunday night, and was a strong leader on the football team for the last four years, according to Athletic Director Dave Johnson.
4. Reading Mom and Daughter Featured in New 'Got Milk?' Ad. Reading residents Aditi and Vandana Jhota won a “got milk?” contest and will be featured in a national ad, milk mustache and all.
5. Gift Ideas for Mom and Dad. There are only a few weeks left to shop before Christmas. If you aren't sure about what to buy your parents this year, take a look at some of these gift ideas.