Two Break-Ins Reported in North Reading
The following information was supplied by the North Reading police department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is a look at some of the calls handled by the North Reading Police Department from Monday through Tuesday. The information is open to the public.
Monday, July 23
- At 3:11 p.m., a caller reported a minor motor vehicle accident on Main Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 4:27 p.m., a Pleasant Street resident reported that someone broke into his house between 8 a.m. and 4:15 p.m. Police are investigating.
- At 4:44 p.m., an emergency caller reported that a man was assaulting a female on Haverhill Street near the Andover town line.
- At 9:10 p.m., a Lee Road resident reported that someone broke into his home before 6 p.m. Police are investigating.
- At 9:52 p.m., a Mount Vernon Street resident reported that someone set off fireworks next to her mailbox.
Tuesday, July 24
- At 9:48 a.m., a caller from Viking Tree reported sand in the gas tank of one of their trucks.
- At 4:12 p.m., a Lowell Road resident reported that someone did a three-point turn on her road on Sunday, which caused a sink hole in her driveway and damage to a stone wall and hedge.
- At 5:06 p.m., a caller reported a minor car accident on Winter Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 9:17 p.m., a Central Street resident reported a tree down, blocking the roadway.
- At 10:31 p.m., a Haverhill Street resident reported that a group of teens lit fireworks on the edge of his property.
For questions about this blotter, email email@example.com.
Police would like to urge residents to report any suspicious activity observed, especially during the summer vacation months. Any activity out of the ordinary should be reported. Do not feel apprehensive calling the police. Every piece of information is important to them and may help, prevent or solve a crime.