Reading and Saugus Residents Arrested for Drugs With the Intent to Distribute
The following is an excerpt from the Reading Police Department log. Where charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is an excerpt from the Reading Police Department log from Thursday. The information is open to the public.
At 7:16 a.m., Sarah Monette called and reported that someone smashed her windshield on Main Street. When police arrived on the scene, they found that both people had warrants, and a further investigation led to police finding drugs. Sarah Monette, 22, of 1 Founders Way, in Saugus, was arrested on Main Street on a Wakefield warrant for a suspended license and possession of Class B substances (suboxone and percocet) with the intent to distribute, possession of a Class C substance (clonazepam) with the intent to distribute and conspiracy to violate controlled substance laws. At the same time, Jason Leach, 35, of 295 Main St., Reading, was arrested on a State Police Medford warrant for driving with a suspended license, a Boston Police Department warrant for distributing a Class B substance, malicious destruction of property, assault by means of a dangerous weapon, possession of a Class B substance (suboxone and percocet) with the intent to distribute, possession of a Class C substance (clonazepam) with the intent to distribute and conspiracy to violate the controlled substance laws.
Thursday, May 17
- At 10:20 a.m., a caller reported that her daughter was punched at Reading Memorial High School.
- At 1:08 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on Causeway Road. A car struck a gate before delivering items.
- At 2:54 p.m., a caller reported a car drove up onto the sidewalk on Lowell Street.
- At 3:05 p.m., a caller reported that a pedestrian was struck by a car on Salem Street. The pedestrian was transported to the hospital.
- At 6:40 p.m., a caller reoprted a car accident on Lowell Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 9:51 p.m., a caller reported a motorcycle down on Main Street. The driver lost control of the motorcycle and slid off the road. He was transported to the hospital and the motorcycle towed.
For questions about the log, email firstname.lastname@example.org