Week in Review
Taking a look back at the top stories from last week.
Did you miss some news this week? Want to know what the top stories were? Here is a list of the top five stories from this past week:
1. Joe Fish May Be Moving into Old Piccadilly Pub Location. There has been speculation that a Joe Fish restaurant will move into the old Piccadilly Pub location on Main Street in North Reading, and Jim's Restaurant Group, LLC, owned by Jim Dietz who owns and runs Joe Fish, pulled a demolition permit for the old Piccadily Pub location this week.
2. Free, Full-Day Kindergarten to Come to Reading. The Reading School Committee has set the wheels in motion to begin to provide free, full-day kindergarten for all Reading kindergartners. The committee voted 6-0 Monday to direct school administrators to begin that process.
3. North Reading Fourth of July Fireworks Postponed Until Next Year. The Bring Back the Fourth Committee met last week and decided to postpone the Fourth of July fireworks until next year. The Fourth of July Fireworks were originally postponed due to weather. The severe thunderstorms on July 4 caused two injuries in North Reading.
4. RMHS Graduate Featured in Shape Magazine. Reading Memorial High School graduate Dina Metrano will be featured in the October issue of Shape Magazine in an article about how exercise helps depression.
5. Mrs. Felix's Cupcakes at Hornet's Nest in North Reading. Mrs. Felix's Cupcakes announced that they will be selling cupcakes at the Hornet's Nest starting on Sept. 5. The cupcakes are now sold onlineand at Heav'nly Donuts.